One of Mysti's kittens from a few years ago. I wish we kept him!
I probably break more than ten beauty rules, but I just can't think of them! Here are the beauty rules I break, and my justifications for them!
- Use heat protectant on your hair before straightening. I do this once a week, maybe? My hair is very thick and doesn't damage easily though. I've been straightening my hair for years, and my hair is still fine!
- Get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks. I well and truly break this rule! Last year, I had my hair cut twice, with eight months in between each one. I don't feel like my hair needs cutting that often though.
- Don't wash your hair every day. My hair gets extremely greasy, so I feel the need to wash it every night. I know that your hair will get used to not being washed every day, and therefore, won't be as greasy, but I can't even bring myself to have greasy hair for a few weeks.
- Apply concealer with your ring finger. Your ring finger is supposed to be more delicate. I'm finding it hard to stop my habit of using my middle finger though!
- Don't squeeze your spots. I love squeezing spots! The 'pop' is so satisfying. I've found that if I leave a spot, it doesn't disappear - it just stays under the skin.
- Don't sleep with your make-up on. I don't do this often because I usually have a shower and wash my hair every night. Also, I don't wear foundation, so my skin doesn't get that clogged from make-up.
- Throw away your make-up products every *however many* months. The majority of my make-up products are at least over a year old and are perfectly fine. I'm not throwing away perfectly good make-up! I'll only throw something away if it has dried up or smells funny.
- Don't blow on your brushes. I don't have an excuse for this one... it's just a habit. I'm trying to stop though because I don't want to spread any more germs than I need to!
- Wash your make-up brushes regularly. Like many, I break this rule simply because I'm lazy. I use a powder brush, blush brush, eyebrow powder brush and an eyeliner brush (to apply eyeshadow on my lower lash line). Because I only use these four on a daily basis, they get quite dirty!
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise. Again, I break this rule because I'm lazy. I cleanse and exfoliate when I have a shower in the evening, and then apply moisturiser to my eye area in the morning, before I apply my concealer. I really should moisturise more.