Wednesday 7 August 2013

Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencils in Vanilla Sky and Hot Chocolate



After using NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha in my everyday routine for over a year and a half, I've been keeping an eye out for other taupe shadow sticks. Rimmel brought some out not so long ago, but the closest they had in colour was a bronze, which was slightly too warm for what I was after. I was browsing Superdrug's website a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon these new offerings from Collection for £2.50 each. They're now back to being £3.19 each, but they're still very affordable. The shades I decided to buy were Vanilla Sky and Hot Chocolate. They claim to be velvety, soft, blendable, waterproof, and long lasting. Some very high claims, and for the most part, these pencils do live up to them! They're very creamy, and incredibly pigmented. You can blend them, but you have to be fast because they dry pretty quickly, and once they're dry, they're not going anywhere! So the waterproof and long lasting claims are also true. I don't wear eyeshadow on my lids (I wear it on my lower lash line), but I lightly applied the Hot Chocolate shade to the outer corners of them the other day, and didn't experience any creasing. I did apply it very, very lightly, though, so can't comment on the creasing if it were to be applied any heavier. I also found it very hard to blend here because it dried far too quickly. I think these will be better used as eyeliners so you can keep blending to a minimum.

For £3.19, I'm quite fond of these eyeshadow pencils. You do have to work fast, which is annoying, but they're not going anywhere once they're dry. Have you tried them yet?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive color payoff for Collection! I might have to try one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one in 'Vintage Blush', which is like a champagney, pink shade, and I really like it in the inner corners of my eyes. :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Totally guilty of overlooking this brand but that taupe is AMAZING! For just over three quid I reckon I need that. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought to use an eye shadow pencil. But then I seem to be scared of all eye pencils, inc eyeliner and eyebrow pencils, so it's probably no surprise I don't own one. They're nice colours, too, though I don't think they'd work well on a blonde?

    Elizabeth xx
    www.iamnotblonde.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swatches these the other day and they seemed really nice, they're definitely making their way into my basket next time I'm in superdrug! :)

    Scotlass99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look fab, love the shades you picked up babe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might have to pick up Vanilla sky now thanks to this post as it looks great!
    Just followed as its a great blog! :)

    charlieandthebeautyfactory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try the eye pencils, and these two are gorgeous colours and great value for money, so they may have to be my firsts! :) xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for some other great post. useful content Where else may just anyone get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing? useful reference I have a presentation next week, useful site and I am at the search for such information. view it

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric