Tuesday 10 December 2013

An Affordable Gift Idea for Everyone


With Christmas just around the corner, I thought I'd write a little post about a gift that's suitable for all budgets, ages, genders, and hobbies. I wouldn't normally do a Christmas gift guide so close to the holiday, but this is a present that you can easily put together while doing your food shop. I personally love mugs, and everyone I know drinks from them, so I think they're a nice, yet practical present to give. Filling them with treats of the person's interest really makes the present you're giving personal, although you can buy pre-made hot chocolate and sweet ones if you're unsure of what the person likes (if you're doing a secret santa at work, for example). There are endless possibilities of the things you can include. The wolf mug above was the one I bought my dad last year, and he was in need of a new computer mouse, so I popped one inside. The rose mug on the far right was only £1-2 from a supermarket, and the chocolate figures inside were about £1, too. Slightly more expensive is the Cath Kidston mug in the middle, which was about £6, and I've filled it with beauty treats. If someone is into crafts, you could pop in some rolls of washi tape and ribbon, or if they're into baking, you could add some cake decorations and cookie cutters. I could go on and on!

Will you be gifting someone a mug filled with treats this year?

6 comments:

  1. What a great little idea. I really do like the Kath Kidston mug, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I am gifting my handmade stuff: accessories, brooches, headbands and so on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post - it's good to see more affordable gifts! x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often give mugs as gifts :) I gave a Cath Kidston one for my Secret Santa in work this year and popped in a hot chocolate on a stick with marshmallows and a cute Primark necklace. Lovely gift for just over £10 :) x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to try Snow Fairy! I've heard it smells wonderful!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric