Sunday 13 September 2015

Blogging About Blogging


I realised last night that I'd missed my blog's sixth birthday. Not by a couple days, but over five weeks. In the past, I've marked the 3rd August on my calendar, and either written a post, baked, or at least tweeted in celebration. This year, nothing. I've also been blogging less, and that's because I can't think of things I'm really motivated to blog about. I still like beauty, but it's not as significant to me as it once was. Part of this is because I feel like I'm repeating myself a lot after writing about the topic for six years.

Looking at the posts I've saved on Bloglovin, you can see I've been preferring lifestyle posts for a while, and that's what I'd like to blog about more. One of the reasons I changed my blog name earlier this year was to give me that option to do so. However, not having my own place or being social, I'm limited to what I can blog about. I started blogging when I was sixteen. I'm now twenty-two and have a job, but I'm still living with my parents. I'm in between stages in my life, and my blog is reflecting that.

I wanted my blog to be so popular in the past, and numbers meant a great deal to me. It still makes me happy to see high stats, but I'm not as bothered now if they're low. Changing this blog earlier in the year was like a fresh start, and my outlook on blogging changed with it. After all, if my blog wasn't the 'it' blog after years and years, it's not going to be now. And I'm okay with that. My priorities have changed, and they've taken that pressure away.

This is just a little ramble of a post to say that I don't know what I'm doing with blogging at the moment. I don't know what I want to blog about. I do know that I want to blog about something, though. I'm not ready to let this hobby go.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you still want to blog, you're one of my favourites to read! Lifestyle is one of my favourites to read, I always love an insight into someone's life!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is still one of my favourites, in fact it was one of the very first I started reading!
    I feel like I'm in a very similar situation to you. I've only been writing my blog for two years but I've lost my interest in writing about beauty. This year I did an internship so I could write about my travels and the holidays I went on, but now I'm going back to university and I have no idea where my blog will head next.
    I hope you find your way soon, good luck!

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think blogging is one of those things where, as long as you are happy what you're writing about, it really doesn't matter what others think! People will enjoy content more if they feel through your writing that you enjoyed writing it! I always love reading your blog, and can't wait to see what the future holds <3

    Beth || babbleswithbeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric