Saturday 6 October 2012

How I revise and organise my time

Now that the academic year has started, I thought I'd show you how I organise my time and revise!


I use a week-to-view diary/planner so I can easily see what I have coming up in the next week. Here's a quick guide to what you see above! My lectures are highlighted in orange, the pink sticky note bookmarks what week we're in, so I can quickly turn to it, and the green sticky notes bookmark my assignment deadlines. When I've completed something, I draw a line through it, and when I don't do something and move it, I put diagonal, squiggly lines through it. As you can see, I didn't write this post yesterday, so scribbled through it and moved it to today. I've also scribbled out one of my English tasks and moved it to next Tuesday because I have the day off.


Sometimes, I plan my days out by the hour. Don't worry, I'm not that organised - I only do this on the days when I have a lot of uni work to do. For the purpose of this post, I've quickly written one up today. 
As you can see, I have an hour in between each task. I find that this usually gives me the motivation to do my work. If I can't be bothered to do a task, I just think that in an hour, it will be over and I'll have an hours break.
I never used to do this and just tried to revise for as long as I could so I could get it over and done with. This wasn't a good idea because it used to make revising a daunting task, rather than a manageable one.
Some people may think that I lose a lot of time revising like this, but when I start early on my days off, I can revise for 6-7 hours a day. 


Here are some of my revision notes from last year. I never used to have a revision technique and it really damaged my year 12 grades. I then stopped trying to make fun revision games and did what came naturally - Writing lists! I break down the notes in my folder and list the main points. I then memorise the lists until I know them off by heart. To memorise them, I either repeat them in my mind or write them down countless times. It may seem tedious, but it works for me and that's what really matters!

That is how I organise my life and revise for exams! When I write assignments, I do what I've done in the second photo. Obviously, If I'm 'in the zone', then I'll write for longer than the hour provided.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your so organised! Its all so neat. I'm one of thoses people who starts doing this at the beginning of the year and then by about 3 weeks in have stopped, But it nice to see yours... I feel inspired haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so organised! I seriously need to do something like this - I love how you use the sticky notes for assignment deadlines xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually motivated me to stop procrastinating and get on with organising my week ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so organised! I just got my new college diary so hopefully everything will be nice and organised for me this year haha :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to sort my work out so i can be this organised! I remember doing all those tenses last year at English Language A2 - bane of my life!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are so organised! I have all sorts of lists because my memory is rubbish but yours actually make sense! I'm currently revising (or not as I'm reading blogs) for an exam I've got on Wednesday. I only started revising yesterday even though I promised myself last time I did this I wouldn't do it last minute again!

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric