Friday 13 June 2014

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer


Before buying this last month, I'd had my eye on it for a while. At £11.99 with mixed reviews, though, I was apprehensive. Then it was on offer for £8.99, so I decided to just buy it and see for myself!

I was left disappointed after the first use because it went flakey. This hasn't happened since, though, so I don't know what happened there!

The packaging is nice enough, but the product at the very top of the pump dries out (even with the lid on), so you have a little hard ball amongst the rest that you have to discard. It's only a small amount, though, so it doesn't affect the product. I'd also prefer it to have the type of pump that pushes all the product to the very top so none is wasted.

This makes my skin look and feel smooth, while mattifying the area slightly. Little lines and pores appear almost blurred. I tried to capture this, but couldn't. It's not a significant difference that others will notice, but you can certainly see the difference yourself. Makeup then applies smoother and doesn't crease around my eyes. I don't know if it makes products last longer because I only wear a little concealer and powder, but I can still feel the satin finish hours later.

I like this primer, but would like it even more if the packaging was improved and the price was more affordable! Saying that, I think I'd still repurchase (when it's on offer).

Have you tried the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer before?

2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this up in Boots for a while now, but like you I'd seen mixed reviews so I decided to try out the Bourjois Happy Light Primer instead!

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame about the packaging. I have so many products I LOVE but I just can't bring myself to repurchase because of the packaging!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric