Monday 16 February 2015

MUA Makeup Academy | New In


MUA went quiet for a while, but they're back with some of my favourite releases to date. The Whipped Velvet and Sweet Sheen collections have just been released, with the Sweet Sheens priced at just £2 each, and the Whipped Velvet products at £3. I bought mine from Superdrug's website, rather than the brand's, because I also wanted some other bits and delivery was free.

I bought the MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Balms in Cherry Bomb and Coral Reef (£2). I've already worn these, and really like them (it's hard to mess up a tinted lip balm, to be fair). The colours are beautiful and shimmer free, they have a decent amount of pigment for a tinted lip balm, they're moisturising, and leave a glossy sheen. I may have to pick up the other shades!

I then added the MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet Blushes in Chichi, Ritzy, and Spry to my basket (£3). I swatched these this morning, and was pleasantly surprised. I thought they were going to be a really soft powder, but they're actually cream blushes which dry down to a velvet finish.

I also bought the MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet Lips in Chichi and Ritzy (£3). These remind me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Creams. Like the name suggests, they feel light, like they've been whipped, and have a soft velvet finish.

The Whipped Velvet collection also includes a pink (Rococo) and lilac (Hedonic). I really like the packaging - it's simple, but not as cheap looking as previous products, and I like the round blush pots more than the rectangular ones they have.

So far, these are my favourite products I've bought from the brand in a long while, but I'll be reviewing them in depth after I've used them a little more.


Will you be buying anything from the new collections?

8 comments:

  1. Such happy colours - looks perfect for Summer (can it hurry up please!)
    Jen x
    www.tartanbrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such happy colours - looks perfect for Summer (can it hurry up please!)
    Jen x
    www.tartanbrunette.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at the Whipped Velvets at the weekend. Got my eye on the brownish one, called spry. Would love to hear what you think of them in terms of wear

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look lovely and the blush and lip balms have pretty shades.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blushes look right up my street! How gorgeous?!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I thought MUA had gone quiet too, they must be working hard behind the scenes! x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whipped velvet blushes look so lovely, the colours are gorgeous

    babbleswithbeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please do a full review, I'm always interested to see people's opinions on their products!

    beautyobsessionxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric