Thursday 27 August 2015

Zoeva Brushes


After using a selection of Zoeva brushes for a couple months now, my opinions of them are pretty much formed. I can't tell you how the quality fares over years of use, but if I'm still blogging in the future, I'll let you know!

Zoeva, as a brand, looks and feels high end, but the price point is affordable. The Detail Liner and Brow Line Brushes (first and second from the top) were £5.95 each. The Rose Golden set was £56.95, which is a large chunk of money to spend at once, but each of the eight brushes works out to be around £7.12, and you also receive a good quality case. For reference, the Silk Finish and Powder Brushes are £11.50 individually, and that's for the silver hardware, not the rose gold.

I'll go through each brush I have and comment on all the different aspects. I don't have the Soft Definer Brush from the Rose Golden collection because I sold it, and I haven't used the Luxe Petit Crease brush either (which is still available in my blog sale). This is only because I don't wear eyeshadow, and have no other use for them in my current routine.

312 Detail Liner | This brush is teeny tiny, and great for getting right into the lashes and inner corner. I don't use it as much as I'd like to, though, because I'm used to the brush which comes with the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. It takes no skill to apply eyeliner with that one, and no steady hand, because you can simply 'pat' a line across. This one, however, does require more skill. Most people will be fine with this, but I still need some practise.

322 Brow Line | This is now the brush I use on my brows daily. It's wide, but it's also thin, so not too much product is picked up. Thicker brushes tend to get clogged, but this one doesn't. I've found it works well with all formulas, too. The ELF Studio Small Angled Brush picked up slightly too much of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade for my liking, but the 322 Brow Line manages to make everything look natural.

102 Silk Finish | This is for foundation, and has been used the most. It's soft (they all are), and while it's dense, the hairs are slightly longer and more rounded than the likes of the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Even after everything it goes through, it's maintained its shape.

110 Face Shape | Not one I thought I'd get a lot of use out of, but I've been using it almost daily to do some kind of contouring. It's just a good size for what it's intended for.

106 Powder | This has replaced my Real Techniques Powder Brush because it's slightly smaller. It's also softer, but I think that's because my Real Techniques one is a couple years old. I have to swirl it more than stipple, which took some getting used to, but I'm fine with it now.

127 Luxe Sheer Cheek | This is the one I have mixed feelings on. It's super soft, and is the perfect shape and size for applying powder blusher, but the quality isn't as good as the others. I experienced some shedding in the beginning, and I can already see that the shape isn't holding as well as the others. I think it's because it's made of natural goat hair, so maybe this is to be expected? It's still a good brush, don't get me wrong, but I'd have preferred synthetic bristles.

142 Concealer Buffer | There's nothing wrong with this brush, but I rarely use it because I apply my concealer with my fingers. It could also work with highlighter, but I also use my fingers for that, unless it's a powder.

317 Wing Linger | I don't like using this for eyeliner because it's not thin and precise enough for my liking. It's great for eyebrows, though.


All of them wash well, and the white tips have yet to become stained. If I need any other brushes, Zoeva will be the first brand I go to because of the quality and variety to choose from. I like the look of the Rose Golden Vol 2 Set, but only really want three of the brushes, so it wouldn't be worth the money. What do you think of Zoeva brushes? And the brand in general?

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently lusting after the Rose Gold set, and after reading this I want it even more!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric