Monday 18 April 2016

Lush Pearl Massage Bar


Lush massage bars are bars made up of various butters and oils, and have multiple uses. Massaging being the obvious one, but they're also used in place of your body moisturiser, or you can cut them up and use them as bath melts. I like using mine in a similar way to their in-shower body butters, which involves stepping away from the water to apply, and then continuing with other tasks one does in the shower. They melt on contact with your body temperature, so I'd avoid using them directly under the shower, and you should be careful with slipping, but I've found that this way means I don't have to spend time rubbing them in while freezing my bottom off. I've also read some articles of plants sprouting up in people's showers when they've used the Wiccy Magic Muscles this way, so I'd suggest not doing this with that one, or make sure you retrieve the beans when they fall out!

On the day I bought Pearl, I'd actually gone in with the intention of just buying Strawberry Feels and another Ultrabland, but impulsively picked this one up as well. I'm a big fan of Ro's Argan, with its rose jam scent growing on me over the years, so couldn't resist this bar with the same scent. Along with cocoa and shea butter, it contains organic rose absolute, rose oil, argan oil, extra virgin coconut oil, sicilian lemon oil, and geranium oil (along with a few other things, such as glycerine and perfume). All of these ingredients contribute to the incredibly moisturising effect it has on my skin. The oils take longer to absorb than your average body butter or lotion, and it's something I prefer to use at night because of this, but my skin is left feeling moisturised for days after.

Despite what I've already said, I probably won't buy this particular bar again, and that's because of the pink pearls. They take up roughly a quarter of the bar, are quite scratchy, and easily fall out, which is a waste. They may contribute to the scent and massaging ability of the bar, and they clearly look aesthetically pleasing, but I'd rather they weren't there. I'd happily take a boring looking bar, with more product, over this. The balls also run pink, but I haven't noticed any staining on my skin like some people have.


Pearl is priced at £6.50. What's your favourite massage bar from Lush? I think mine has to be Each Peach (And Two's A Pair).

3 comments:

Design by | SweetElectric