Monday 31 May 2010

ELF Cosmetics - All Over Color Stick Review

I've had these for a few months and thought it was about time I wrote a proper review (Reviewed before but didn't have a camera so couldn't show you swatches! You can find the previous review on these here.)
You can purchase these from the ELF website for just £1.50 a pop.

I have 4 shades out of 6:
Pink Lemonade, Lilac Petal, Persimmon and Spotlight.

Swatches: In same order as above.

Ok so what ELF say:
3 in 1 color for your eyes, lips, and or face! Get the color that illuminates for a healthy glow, and instantly soothes and conditions the skin for fresh and natural color all day long.

What I say:
These give great colour pay-off and as you can see, they have a frosty appearance with fine shimmer. Because of this, these reflect light beautifully which illuminates the skin.
Spotlight looks a little more 'pasty' compared to the others but once blended, is a great highlighter.
I don't think these condition the skin; they're not very creamy so I would suggest warming them up a little with your fingers.
But because they're not as creamy as other products, they seem to last on the skin for a long time.
These also have a 'sugar-orange' scent to them which is quite sickly but once applied, you cannot smell it :)
I wear these on my cheeks for the majority of the time. I've tried them on my lips but their a little too frosty and as for the eyes, I haven't really tried to be honest.
Overall, these are really good products, beautifully illuminating the skin. I might have to buy the other two shades!

Oh and, some people have said that they expected more product. I already had a product like these so was expecting the amount you get. Trust me, you get plenty, these will last a long time!

x

4 comments:

  1. 3 in one!?
    -Brilliant!
    I like the lilac petal the most I think, judging by your photo =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, and they last forever.

    Oh and I just thought Id let you know Ive given you the Sweet Blog award. Check it out here: http://beautybegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got spotlight,
    Its a great highlight and I occasionally use a tiny tiny amount over a lipstick to lighten it up and make it frosty :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric