Hello! I've caught the baking bug. I made cookies yesterday (They're misshaped, but taste really good), I've just made crunchy peanut butter biscuits and I will be making a lemon cake tomorrow.
I absolutely love peanut butter, so I can't see these lasting long! I thought I'd post the recipe, so you can make them too, if you would like. I got the recipe from The Farmhouse Kitchen Baking Book. I picked it up at a charity shop a while ago.
You will need:
175g of plain white or wholemeal flour (I used plain)
125g of caster sugar
50g of light soft brown sugar
75g of softened butter or margarine (If yours has just come out of the fridge, place in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds)
4 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
1 medium egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon of milk
1. Line trays with baking paper (I used 1 large baking tray because I didn't separate the mixture. I cut it into slices after it was baked) and preheat the oven to 200C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter or margarine, and the two sugars.
3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Beat in the peanut butter (Again, to make it easier, I put the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds).
5. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the mixing bowl.
6. Fold the flour into the creamed mixture, add the milk and beat. Add a little more milk, if necessary, to achieve a soft dropping consistency.
7. Place onto the baking tray(s). I covered the whole baking tray, but if you want to bake separate portions, place teaspoons of the mixture about 7.5cm/3 inches apart on the trays and flatten each one.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Allow the biscuits to firm up on the tray, then turn out onto wire trays to cool. I then cut mine into slices.
The recipe states that it will make around 30 biscuits. I made 20 large biscuits, but I could easily cut them in half again and make 30-40.
They're similar to a flapjack consistency and are really delicious!
Please let me know if you make them!