Saturday 2 November 2013

Empties #03 - I finished a body butter!


As I've already mentioned it in the title, I'll start with The Body Shop's Mango Body Butter! It's the first one I've ever finished, and I feel like I've accomplished something! I normally alternate between my products, so instead of finishing one, they're all half empty. The actual product was good (or else I wouldn't have finished it!). It sank into my skin well and left it moisturised for days. Mango is one of my favourite scents, too.

Let's head back over to the left. I finished two more Alberto Balsam Shampoos in Strawberries & Cream and Sun Kissed Raspberry. The Strawberries & Cream scent is one of my favourites, and I've already stocked up on a few bottles of it! The Sun Kissed Raspberry is nice, but very subtle. They perform well in my hair, and I can't complain for 99p!

I also finished a bottle of the TRESemme Naturals Conditioner. Again, TRESemme is a brand I regularly use and have had no problems with, so I've already bought another bottle of this.

The Body Shop's Banana Conditioner was okay. I liked the scent, but the conditioner itself was average, and I wouldn't pay the full price of £4.50 for it. I was surprised, actually, because it's a product so many people love. The bottle also made it very difficult to get product out.

Aussie's Miracle Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner has been part of my routine for years, and I've already repurchased. It leaves my hair feeling soft, and smells incredible.

I haven't been using them for the last couple of weeks, but you can see I used them a lot before then, and that's the Superdrug Colour Effects Wash In Wash Out Conditioning Colours. The shades I have here are Rich Warm Brown and True Chestnut. I love these, and have spoken of them many times before. I have three more bottles in my draw, and will purchase more in the future.

The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist was a product I bought simply because I was trying to get to a certain amount to qualify for a code. I like how fine the mist is, and it is refreshing, but that's all. I don't feel like it helps improve my skin or the longevity of my makeup. I don't think I'll repurchase this - I'll just refill the bottle with water!

Superdrug's Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is similar to their Vitamin E one. It removes all my makeup well, and leaves my skin feeling moisturised. I can't say my skin looked brighter, though. 

The MUA Cover & Conceal Concealer has been part of my makeup routine since the beginning of this year, and thought it was about time I ditched this one and bought another. For £1.50, why not?! It has a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. I'm not the biggest fan of the dewy finish, but I apply powder over the top anyway, so don't find this a problem. It doesn't always cover blemishes well, so I use another concealer for this purpose.

I love Simple's Baby Moisturising Wipes, and have already stocked up because they're better than half price at the moment! 80 for £1.99 is good, but it's even better when they're 98p. They just do their job - They remove my makeup without stinging or drying my skin out, and they help keep my eye/eyebrow brushes fairly clean until I wash them. I don't see the point in buying more expensive wipes. Others may be more moisturising, but I don't buy them to moisturise because I have moisturisers for that!


I'm also finished with The Body Shop's Raspberry and Lemon Body Butters, but not because they're empty. They're actually almost full, but I've had them for too long and now they're smelling a bit off. This is why I need to stop buying new products and use what I have! I've learnt my lesson now. I even resisted buying more tubs of the Vineyard Peach one because I knew I wouldn't get round to using them. They were down to only £3, too, so it took a lot of strength to resist!



Have you used any of these products before?

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore The Body Shop body butters, just simply love them! I need to invest in the mango range, but I just keep seeing other bargains online and purchasing them instead, whoops.
    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body Shop Butter makes my skin really itchy!! :(
    YOu definitely deserve a medal for finishing one,
    Its to tempting to uy a new one first!

    Kelly from DayDreamsDaisyChains.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many empties! I haven't used the mango products for ages - I've gone off them, boo! Shame the banana conditioner wasn't as good as it's hyped up to be x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used up so much! Makes me want to use up more products!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my biggest empties post yet! Out of the whole three I've written haha. But it is three months worth. I'm rubbish at using products up, so don't write monthly ones x

      Delete
  5. I'm using the body shop banana conditioner at the moment and am finding it so hard to get any product out! Love the scent but the conditioner isn't as good as everyone says it is. I have so many half used products as well that I really need to finish before buying new ones :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not buying anymore body butters either as I currently have three unopened ones sitting in a draw somewhere!
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so bad with body butters! I am the same. I've only finished a small one before. I was gobsmacked. I have loads!

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric