Wednesday 29 October 2014

Autumn Treats | Apple, Cinnamon, and Raisin Muffins


I hadn't baked in months, so wanted to change that yesterday. I found a basic muffin recipe, changed it to my liking, and then added my fruit and flavours of choice. Thankfully, they turned out well (my dad ate six last night), so thought I'd share it with you. I wasn't planning on blogging about them, and they're already gone, hence the Instagram photo! Feel free to change the measures and ingredients to your taste!

Makes 12

You will need:
260g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
100g caster sugar
100g butter
180ml milk (I used full fat, but semi skimmed will be fine)
2-3 peeled and chopped apples (I used granny smith, but you can use cooking ones if you have them to hand)
Raisins (I just dumped these in the bowl without measuring, so it's up to you!)
Demerara or brown sugar to sprinkle over the top

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line your muffin tray with cases
2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar, alternating with the milk
5. Fold in the fruit
6. Spoon the mixture into the cases and sprinkle with demerara/brown sugar
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes

I'm definitely going to bake these again this autumn, and I think they would be perfect in a bowl with some hot custard. Let me know what your favourite muffin recipe is!

2 comments:

  1. Oh these look delicious! I'm not good at baking but I really want to try these :)

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I may have to try this recipe at the weekend :)

    Sal x
    http://saleficent89.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric