Thursday 1 January 2015

Lush Sale Haul


It was the early morning of Boxing Day, and I found myself dreaming of the Lush sale. You'd think I was a mad fan of the brand, but I'm not. Anyway, this dream woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep, so up I got, thinking the sale would have just started. Hours passed and still no sale. Then, when it did start, there were difficulties with the site. Most of the Christmas products I wanted didn't even show up, so I settled with four items (three of which were from the permanent line).

I bought a large bottle of Snow Fairy for £5.97, which is still overpriced for a shower gel. I like the pear drop and cotton candy scent, though, and it's one of the few that actually lingers on my skin. I had my last bottle for about 10 months before I started using it, and it still smelt the same as when I first bought it.

I then added an Each Peach (And Two's A Pair) massage bar to my basket for £2.97. I already have and love this, and it's still smelling great after all this time, so thought I may as well get another while it's half price!

I received two shampoo bars for Christmas, but that didn't stop me buying two more. How could I resist when they were down to £2.87 each? I'm going to keep the ones I'm not using in a vacuum bag to ensure they stay fresh! I've already owned Squeaky Green in the past, but am most excited to use one of the new additions; Honey I Washed My Hair. I believe my first introduction to Lush was a set gifted to me on my birthday many years ago. If I remember correctly, it contained a Butterball bath bomb and a chunk of Honey I Washed The Kids soap. The sweet scent now brings back memories and I find it comforting. They just need to bring out a Comforter smelling shampoo bar now!


Did you manage to pick anything up in the sale? I couldn't get to a store because of work, but will hopefully have more luck next time!

8 comments:

  1. ooooh, i always forget that Lush would have a sale on!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow Fairy is such a gorgeous, sweet smelling scent though! I was lucky enough to get three bottles of the stuff for Christmas which should see me through till this year! Really wanting to try a shampoo bar but not sure which one to go for :)

    Yasmina
    xx

    thejulyjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow fairy :D

    xx

    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through another blogger and glad I did! Can't wait to follow you through this year!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I read this! I can never bring myself to go for this brand! and always go for body shop (actually a little expensive) or something else like Baylis & Harding. But looks like I should give these guys a go! I think the price is somewhat reasonable! :) On sale price that is haha.

    www.nolifelifelife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lush! I do agree that their products are little on the pricey side, but I can totally justify it as their products are totally gorgeous. Snow Fairy is my favourite shower gel, such an amazing smell! x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try the Shampoo Bar's but been a bit too scared. I'd love to know how you get on.

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    The Crown Wings

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric