Monday 20 April 2015

Recent Purchases


These seem to be a monthly occurrence on this blog. Even when I feel like I haven't bought much, I go and prove myself wrong when I gather it all together!

I bought more pots of Lush's Ultrabland and Ro's Argan the other day. I'm nearly out of my current ones, and couldn't be without them. This is actually the first time I've paid the full £16.50 for Ro's Argan; I had Mystery Shopper store credit for the first pot, and my parents bought me the second for Christmas. I never thought I'd spend this amount on one product, but things change (mostly my income!). There's also nothing that compares to Ro's Argan, so it's worth the price, in my opinion. Ultrabland is also my third pot, and was £11.50, but you can get a smaller pot for £7.25 (this was £10.95/100g and £6.95/45g not too long ago - everything keeps increasing in price!). Although I appreciate their black pot exchange, I'd love for them to bring out a rewards card of some kind.

I bought a £25 Feel Unique voucher through Groupon for £15, so thought I'd buy one of the more expensive items I'd had my eye on; Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil. I've used it a few times so far, but will be sharing my thoughts in a week or two. With this, I received a deluxe sample of the Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara, which works out to be around £6 (£17.50 for the full size). I also added the Figs & Rouge Vanilla Pistachio Hand Cream to my basket to bring the total over £25. I love Figs & Rouge, especially their hand creams, so I'm happy to have another in my routine.

The Aussie shower gels are currently on offer in Boots, so I picked up the large bottle of Shower Smoothie, which has a sweet, bubblegum scent. It was £3.17 down from £4.75, but I also had a 10% off code loaded onto my Advantage Card which I'd forgotten about, making this even cheaper. If you haven't got the Boots app yet, I'd definitely recommend it!

Last month, Burberry were promoting their Burberry Kisses lipstick range by giving out free samples with nominations through Twitter. After being nominated myself, I nominated my sister, and she kindly let me keep hers. I have the shades Military Red and Nude Pink, and I can't get over how cute they are. These work out to be around £7.58 each, which is a lot for a sample.

The majority of the Aussie haircare range is currently better than half price at Superdrug, so I had to stock up. This kind of offer is rare for the brand - It's normally 2 for £7 or 3 for £10. The bottles above were £2.32 instead of £4.69.

I bought the Garnier Ultimate Blends Honey Treasures Strength Restorer products a few weeks ago now, but had to include them because they were such a bargain. They've only just come out, but I think my store received them early and had no space for them on the shelves, so they were put on clearance. They were also on 3 for 2, so I managed to get two treatments and two serums for £3.17. They're £4.69 and £4.99 each full price, so I couldn't believe my luck. I wish I'd bought more now. They smell like creme brulee, and are actually quite good!


I also placed a generous order with Lindt when they had their Easter sale, but there's not much left to show you...

1 comment:

  1. I'm the exact same, I don't think I'm buying much but I actually am! There's some amazing picks here, I love the look of the Origins oil!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric