Monday 8 June 2015

Small Businesses | Marshmallow Blends


Marshmallow Blends is a business run by blogger Nicoletta. It consists of bath, body, and home fragrance products, all hand made by Nicoletta herself. I remember reading Nicoletta's blog back in the early days of blogging, and had been meaning to place an order for a while, so finally did so late last month. I ordered on the 26th May, and was enjoying the products on the 29th. I wasn't expecting to receive them so quickly, so this was a nice surprise.

The first product I bought was the Rhubarb & Custard Shower Fluff (£5). It's smaller than I expected, but the consistency is harder than it looks, so it's going to last a decent amount of time. I just scoop some up and massage it into my body puff. It creates a nice lather and leaves my skin feeling more moisturised than a standard shower gel. As for the scent, it was more tart than I was expecting on first sniff, but once lathered, it smells exactly like the sweets. Although it's only 100g, I don't regret paying the price because it's such a unique product and scent. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the paper label; paper and showers don't mix!

I was most excited for the wax melts. The ParaSoy ones were £1.50 each, while the heart ones (Iced Lemon Cake, pack of 6) were £3.50. The ParaSoy Melts are bigger than Yankee Candle ones, which is great. My Pink Sugar one is slightly smaller than the other two, but it's still a good size. The scents are very accurate and strong, and the burning times have impressed me. I've been burning Blackberry Jam for 8 hours (on and off) so far, and it's still going strong. Blackberry Jam is actually my favourite out of all of them.

If you're looking to treat yourself to some unique, handmade bath and body products, I'd recommend checking out what Marshmallow Blends has to offer. I think they'd also make great presents. I've just placed another order consisting of 10 ParaSoy Melts because a load of new scents have just been released. I'll show you the ones I've chosen when they arrive!

2 comments:

  1. They sound fab, I love finding alternative wax tarts to yankee and it looks like she makes some great scents.

    Tasha xxx
    sincereblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric