Sunday 26 February 2012

Three ways I use my Lush Bubble Bars

The Comforter (1/6 used), Candy Mountain (Christmas product) and Magic Mushroom (Valentine's product).

The Bubble Bars are one of my favourite products from Lush because they can be used for many purposes. I don't have baths, so use them in other ways:

In my shower puff to wash my body. The Bubble Bars are quite concentrated, so be sure to add plenty of water.
In a bucket of water for a foot soak. We're always walking on our feet, so I think they deserve regular pampering. After a Lush Bubble Bar foot soak, my feet are soft and smell great!
In the bottom of the bath tub, with the plug in and shower on. Whilst washing my hair, face and body, I like to soak my feet. This is similar to the use above, but is for people who don't have time for a long foot soak.


Another way I know people use them is to crumble or grate them in to the drum of your washing machine. I've tried this a couple times, but unfortunately, my clothes didn't come out smelling of anything. If this did work for me, I would use them when washing my bedding and dressing gowns.


When I am not using my Bubble Bars, I leave them around my room (wrapped in cling film) to make it smell amazing.

Not only are the Bubble Bars multi-purpose products, but they can be used multiple times. An average 100g bar lasts me at least 3-4 times, and The Comforter, which is 200g, lasts me at least 6-8 times. I cringe when I hear of people using whole Bubble Bars at once!

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great post! I never have baths so I usually avoid Lush seen as associate them with just bathing.

    Mite pop in next time I walk past :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a bit sad that I never thought of using it an anyway other than in the bath? Especially as I rarely take baths either? The bubble bars make my skin so soft and smell amazing so I'll definitely be using them to wash in the shower! Can't believe I didn't see that sooner...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat ideas for that! i'm with ShmoobieCakes on this one:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really good ideas :) I had a Candy Mountain at Christmas and I loved it so much! :)

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, love the idea of putting it in the bath while you're showering, never thought of that before! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do u manage to get so many uses out of the bubble bar? Do u break a bit off for each bath or drop it in whole then take it out once there's enough bubbles?? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beso_Amour: It's not a silly question! :) I either break a little off or grate some off with a cheese grater :) You can't really drop bubble bars in whole. You can only do that with the bath bombs and melts x

      Delete
  7. I love lush, and their bubble bars!

    Also, I just thought I'd let you know I'm giving away a Clarisonic Mia on my blog! I'd love it if you could check it out on my blog. You can gain up to 10 entries! Here’s a link xx
    http://daisy--meadow.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-clarisonic-mia.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never use the comforter all at once! Even the SA at Lush told me it's way too big, plus it's a waste of money. Why have one bath's worth when you can get 3 or 4?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of soaking your feet with these, off to do it now haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew there was so many different ways to use a bath bar. Love the idea of using them in the washer, I totally would try this if we didn't have a communal apartment block washing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric