Friday 3 February 2012

University - Five months in

I write these update posts when there are significant things to update you with, so here we are! Since my last update post, I've received assignment grades back, produced a practical and sat an exam.
For my assignments, I received a first and two 2:1s. I could not be happier! I had to triple check that what I was seeing was correct. I was expecting 2:2s at most. 
For media, I also had to create a practical representing myself. I kept it simple and used an old home video for the visual, and for the audio, I had my family members tell stories about me as a child. I asked the technician if he could transfer my home video onto a DVD, as I hadn't watched it in over ten years. As soon as I started watching it, I knew I had to use it in my practical because it meant so much to me. I loved seeing young versions of my parents, myself as a baby and my old animals. Accompanying the practical, we had to write an evaluation explaining why we made the choices we did. I'm so glad we had to do this because I'm good at explaining myself through words. Even if my practical is rubbish, my evaluation justifies it. My practical is being shown on the big screen in Plymouth, which is exciting!
Yesterday, I had my first exam (for one of my English modules). I'm not sure it went well, but I won't know for certain until I receive a grade for it. If I do have to retake, at least I know what to expect; yesterday, I didn't have a clue what was going to come up!
The last month has shown me that I am coping with University, and it has gave me the confidence to continue. I still don't believe I will be able to cope with the second year, but that's not for months yet. I'm just going to focus on the present!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so, so happy that it's all going so well for you! I remember when you didn't think you would be able to do it - have faith! Hope it just keeps getting better for you because you really deserve it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very practical appraoch. In time to come you will look back and wonder how you did it all - baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it's going well. I found first year rather hard because you're literally thrown into the deep end with how to even write a basic thing like an essay and no one every seems to tell you how to reference properly! But you definitely sound like your heading in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe in yourself Lou, you're clearly doing brilliantly :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are proud to present a splendid writing company for university students who are sometimes deadlocked with their tasks. Don't bother about timely assistance on any given problem or educational study of some kind. We can easily find someone to write a thesis on there making the most strong efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric