Monday 25 March 2013

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms

Bare lips
 
Pink Blossom

Hibiscus

Rose

Top: Bare lips, Pink Blossom
Bottom: Hibiscus, Rose

I've had the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom for months, but when I heard Super Smoocher was having a closing down sale the other day, I decided to try some other shades. The Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms are normally £5.99, but I bought Hibiscus and Rose for £3 each. I'm gutted that Super Smoocher is closing down; it was the place where I bought all of my natural lip balms from. Unfortunately, when I had a look at the sale, all of the Crazy Rumours lip balms were sold out. I wanted to stock up on the amazing flavours! Anyway, even though these lip balms are more expensive than others, they're 100% natural, the packaging is great (if a little excessive), they give a nice tint, and are moisturising. They're very sheer, but because my lips are quite pale, they show up nicely. I was expecting Hibiscus and Rose to be more pink, but Hibiscus is more of a nude, and Rose is orange toned. When I first wore Pink Blossom, I didn't like how glossy it was - My usual Vaseline Rosy Lips stick lip balm has more of a satin finish, which I love. However, I'm used to it now, and I know a lot of people love glossy lips.


Overall, I really like these lip balms. There's not much more to say, really!

5 comments:

  1. I loved Supersmoocher but they've taken my money and one balm was sold out, so I'm not too pleased! These are pretty balms, I have Hibiscus x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink blossom looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Rose! I love the ordinary Burts Bees lip balms and have been really tempted to try the tinted ones out for a while now. I may pick one up tomorrow on my way to work! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink blossom and rose, both so pretty on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging on these lip balms is great! I really want to try some of the things from Burts Bees out. Unfortunately I have very very naturally red lips so I don't want anything to make them any more redder then they are, I like nudes but find it so hard to find anything to go on my lips that doesn't dry them out.

    Alex
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric