Monday 17 June 2013

Update!

All of my animals, past and present

I haven't written one of these in ages! Partly because my life hasn't been that exciting, and partly because I didn't think there was any point. However, I was reading through my old posts earlier and loved reading my diary type entries. It was interesting to see how I felt years ago.

So, I've finished year 2 of university! I can't believe it. In one of the posts I read earlier, I wrote: I don't think I'll get into uni, and even if I do, I don't think I'll manage it. Well, past me, you did get in and you are managing it! I had an exam on the 6th June, and that was my last assessment. Results are on the 19th July. I'll find out half of my degree grade on the 19th July. Scary stuff.

Year 3 and the dreaded 'd' word will be upon me in a few months time. I've thought of a topic for my dissertation, so I'm going to look into it and then narrow it down with the help of my lecturers when I go back. I'm just hoping they don't dismiss it! It has to be English based because I'm majoring in English Language and Linguistics, but I've also found a way to incorporate my minor (Media) and my interests. Fingers crossed it works out!

I want to start exercising a little to tone up and improve my health. I did the Blogilates Call Me Maybe Mighty Squat Challenge yesterday, and oh my. My legs sure are hurting today! I'm feeling muscles I didn't even know I had. I'm going to do an ab specific video tomorrow, and then whatever else takes my fancy.

I applied for a job earlier! I've enquired about jobs before, but never applied for one. One with a form and everything. Some of you may not know this, and some of you will, but I have huge confidence issues, so this is a big deal for me. I'm nervous (understatement), but I was terrified to go to uni and that all turned out fine (so terrified that it took all of my willpower to force me out the door, and I was sick every morning for a couple weeks).

Since finishing uni, I've been baking and blogging quite a bit. I don't have any fun plans for the Summer, just looking for a job and thinking of dissertation stuff. If I do end up getting a job, I don't know how I'll be able to cope in year 3, but I'll get to that hurdle later. I do want to try and do some fun things, though, like go to Thorpe Park with my friends. I've been to Alton Towers (didn't think much of it), but never Thorpe Park. I'd also love to take a day trip or weekend to another city.


And that's everything! I may try and make these updates a regular thing again. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get the job! All of those animals are so cute x

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric