Wednesday 4 November 2015

New Releases!


I thought my interest in beauty was beginning to vanish, but it turns out it was down to the releases, because I'm very excited about these.

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Lightening Drops £10 | Eee! These are probably one of the best releases, ever. I'm a redhead, so am very fair skinned, which makes it difficult when shopping for foundation/concealer. High end brands tend to have better shade ranges, but they're expensive. It also doesn't help that I have freckles, which makes finding a match even more difficult. Do I go for a foundation which matches the centre of my face, but appears too dark around the outer edges and my neck? Or do I go for one which matches the skin where there's not many freckles and have my whole face one pale colour? That pale colour being more than a handful shades lighter than my freckles, and therefore my nose because it's saturated in them! Anyway, these drops should be the answer to my problem. I'm thinking of adding a drop more when blending the foundation down my neck, since that area is paler. This should create a gradual transition and look more natural. I can even buy Bourjois foundations now. Everyone seems to love the formulations, but they're usually too dark and yellow for me.

Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in Naughty Nude £6.99 | This was actually a last minute purchase because of a 3 for 2 offer. This lipstick range claims to do everything; pack a punch of colour, moisturise, and be long lasting. I chose the nude shade because I've been really getting into this colour family recently, but it's not nude at all. At least, on me it's not. It's more of a muted mauvey pink. I've been wearing it today, and I'm fairly impressed so far. It almost seals itself to create a stain. It feels odd because I've been wearing balmy textures recently, but it's lasted well. I'm not a fan of the packaging, though. I don't like the twisted lid, and would have preferred something much more simple.

Freedom Brow Pomade in Soft Brown £5 and Duo Eyebrow Powder in Soft Brown £4 | I love brow products, and love my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, so when I heard that Freedom were releasing dupes, I was incredibly excited. I have the ABH one in Soft Brown, and seeing as the shades look similar and have the same names, I opted for Soft Brown in both formats. As you can see from the photo below, Freedom's version is warmer. I have medium brown eyebrows and auburn hair, so I can go from cool to warm without it looking odd, but if you're a brunette, keep this in mind. I'm considering buying the medium brown shade as well, just so I can have the option of a cooler toned brow. I don't like my brows to match my hair exactly because they don't naturally anyway. The shades in the powder duo match really well, though. The formulas of these are very soft, and I haven't found a fault with them yet.



Will you be buying any of these products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric