Wednesday 18 November 2015

Viktor & Rolf Bonbon Eau de Parfum


I'd been wanting a new perfume for a while. Something that was different to the others in my collection. The delicate fruity florals that dominate the top of my chest of drawers are there for a reason, though, and that's because I love them.

I'd never smelt a Viktor & Rolf fragrance before this, despite Flowerbomb being highly popular. I wouldn't have even given this a chance if it weren't for a sample, and part of that is because of the packaging. Hot pink isn't a colour I tend to gravitate towards. I know it sounds ridiculous, but packaging does influence my initial reaction. Saying that, I don't mind the actual bottle. It's different to anything I own, and feels substantial in my hands.

Bonbon is rich and sweet, and because it's heavier than my other fragrances, it'd be the one I'd choose to wear for an evening occasion. I'm in my pjs every evening, let's be honest, but you know what I mean. The prominent note for me is the caramel, which is probably why I like it so much! The other heart notes are orange blossom and jasmine, while the top notes are mandarin, orange, and peach. The base notes are cedarwood, guaiac wood, sandalwood, and amber, which is another note I can detect above the others.

It's expensive, with 30ml priced at £50, 50ml at £69, and 100ml at £96, but it's a designer brand, so it's to be expected. Part of me thinks it's ludicrous to pay so much for a perfume, but then part of me ignores this and buys them anyway. It's the ultimate treat to yourself, isn't it? And to ease the cost, there was 10% off luxury fragrance & beauty and £5 off when you spent £50 at Boots. This was on top of my staff discount, making the 50ml bottle £49.

Will this be going on your Christmas list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric