Tuesday 10 November 2015

Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Primer


I love primers, and I love Soap & Glory, so when I heard about this new release from the brand, I was intrigued. I read a few positive reviews, but decided to wait until double discount week at Boots before buying. For some reason, 45% was taken off of its £10 price tag instead of 25%, making this just £5.50.

It claims to make your pores appear smaller, leave your skin shine-free, and make your makeup last longer. It also claims to help hide imperfections, even out your skin tone, and reduce the appearance of redness. That's a whole lot of claims! I've found that only one of these is significantly true, but that's enough to make me like it.

This primer is really thick. You have to work it into your skin. This set off alarm bells in my head at first because I thought it would make my foundation cling to it in a very bad way. It didn't help that the primer I was using before was the runniest primer I've used to date. It was all fine, though, and my foundation applies like it usually does. 

I haven't really noticed a difference in the size of my pores. I thought it'd be like those blurring primers, but it's not. I also haven't noticed a difference with my imperfections, skin tone, or redness. It does leave my skin shine free, but this doesn't last all that long. I still have to blot half way through the day. I don't mind this, though, because it's not something that causes me a great deal of worry.

So, it's sounding pretty awful so far, isn't it? It's not living up to its claims. However, and this is a big however, it makes my makeup last very well. It's even minimised the amount my gel liner smudges in the inner corners of my eyes. I know people will be thinking you aren't supposed to use it around your eyes, but I have been, and it's worked a treat. I usually get a little smudging on my way to work and have to use my finger to wipe it away, but I haven't needed to when wearing this primer.

It doesn't do everything it claims, granted, but it does the main job of a primer incredibly well, so I'd probably repurchase. I just wish I'd bought more than one tube when it was so cheap!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so tempted to try this next time it's on offer - the packaging looks great! x
    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric