Friday 27 March 2015

Love-Hate Relationships


There are some products I have nothing but love for, and there have been a few I can't stand. Sometimes, though, a product comes along which divides my feelings.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer
Love | The coverage this gives, and the fact that it doesn't crease on me like other products do. I sometimes still get the odd crease here and there, but it's nothing like I experience with alternatives.

Hate | The shade. The lightest shade, Light, is too dark for me. I can just about make it work, but it should be lighter to brighten the area, as well as conceal. Also, the packaging is annoying. I actually don't mind the sponge, but taking the lid on and off gets messy because it's difficult to not touch the product-soaked applicator. 


NYX Powder Blush in Taupe
Love | The shade. It's perfect for fair complexions to contour with because it's not orange in any way.

Hate | The pigmentation. I don't know if it's just mine, but the pigmentation is really, really poor. I have to swirl my brush with great force to even pick up a little product. My finger doesn't even pick anything up, so I couldn't swatch it for you. I think I'm going to have to scratch up the product.


Real Techniques Brushes
Love | The quality. They're soft, dense, and are still going strong after a couple years use.

Hate | The handles. I know I'm not alone when I say this, but the handles are just too bulky for my liking. They take up too much room in my brush pot. I know the whole point of them is so they can stand up, but I'd rather keep them in the same place as all my other brushes.


Do you have a love-hate relationship with any products?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with the concealer, it's still a little too dark for me unless I fake tan!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing a love hate post, been looking into the maybelline but if the shade range is poop than there got to be another out there. I've been loving my 2&1 concealer by Rimmel it's a sqeezy tube with a brush applicator. Been looking at RT brushes but I'm still not sure about them



    http://ktmcgworld102.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this with so many products, I was thinking about purchasing the Maybelline concealer but as I am super pale, I may stay away.

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric