Monday 2 March 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty


I'm taking it back to an old school tag today. The sins don't tie in that well, but I liked the actual questions!

Greed | What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive? 
My most inexpensive item, like many others, would be something from MUA. I'm a fan of a couple of their £1 eyeshadows and lipsticks. I also use their £1.50 eyebrow brush on a daily basis. My most expensive beauty items include Lush's Ro's Argan Body Conditioner (£16.50) and cream blushes from Illamasqua, which I've just looked up and are now £21.50! I only paid £6.75 for them in the sale, though.

Wrath | What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Nail polish. Once it's on, I absolutely love it, but it's the application I hate. I'm a perfectionist, so it takes me hours to do my nails, and even longer if I'm photographing them for a post. For this reason, and the fact that painted nails would last 5 minutes at work, I haven't painted them for nearly a year now. It's crazy because I used to paint them every week!

Gluttony | What are your most delicious beauty products?
I'm going on scent here, and it has to be products from The Body Shop. The Raspberry, Vineyard Peach, and Mango ones, in particular. I also love Figs & Rouge for delicious smelling and cutely packaged products. Their Cherry Blossom Hand Cream is my favourite.

Sloth | What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
It has to be body butter and moisturising in general. When I get out of the shower, I just want to put my pjs on as fast as possible. This is one of the main reasons why I love the Lush Body Conditioners so much, because they're quick and easy to use in the shower.

Pride | What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
I would have to say mascara and gel liner. I used to neglect eyeliner due to laziness, but with gel liner and the right brush, it's easy to press on in a straight line. 

Lust | What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? 
A question about the packaging of a product would have been better suited here, I think. I don't have a type, physically, but generally seem to like guys with stubble. I've also liked guys without stubble, though, so it really does depend on the person. Personality wise, I have to be able to have a laugh and playfully tease them. I've been in situations where there's no 'banter' (hate that word), and there's been no attraction.

Envy | What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
Anything that shows the person listens to me and knows what I like. I'd rather receive something inexpensive that was bought based on my tastes rather than something ridiculously expensive that has nothing to do with what I like. For example, I like owls, and around Christmas, there's an owl stall in town. It has real owls and things you can buy, where the money then goes to the owl sanctuary. I've bought a couple things from there in the past. My sister has gifted me things from this stall, and they've been my favourite things, even though they were the cheapest out of all the gifts. I'd rather these than a diamond ring because I simply don't wear rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric