Monday 16 March 2015

Topshop Beauty


Topshop makeup receives a lot of praise, and I'm beginning to see why. I've used a couple of their cream blushes in the past, and while they were okay, the cream to powder formulation wasn't one of my favourites. I prefer dewier cream blushes (like the NYX ones) because they're easier to work with.

I've recently expressed my love for the Glow Cream Highlighter in Polish (£9) , which you can read here. I've since bought a few other products from the range, and have been enjoying using them.

The Cheek Jelly in Reign could be a little bigger so my stippling brush fits in better, but aside from that, it's a winner. It's essentially a water based cream blush, like the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelees, but it's only £7. Sheer, yet buildable, easy to blend, and very natural looking. The raspberry red shade helps with this.

The Contour Cream in Sweep (£9) was the main reason for my order. I've been wanting a cream contour product to subtley add some definition to my face for a while, so welcomed this new release. I chose the lightest shade, and was disappointed by its warmth at first, but I think I make it work. It helps that it's incredibly easy to blend. I'm also glad the packaging's black, and not white like the blushes, because it'd get incredibly dirty.

The Slanted Eyeshadow Brush and Gel Liner Brush were £4 each. The Slanted Eyeshadow Brush is perfect for when I fill my eyebrows in with powder. It's not the thinnest I've used, so isn't that precise, but it's fine for the look I want. The Gel Liner Brush, on the other hand, won't be replacing my usual one. It's too thick for the line I want to create. It'll come in handy for smudging eyeshadow along my lower lash line, though.


What are your thoughts on the Topshop Beauty line?

2 comments:

  1. I love Topshop make up, the blushers and highlighters are my favourite beauty products from topshop :)

    Sophie x | SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely and so does the entire range. I haven't tried anything but I hear the lipsticks are good.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric