Wednesday 17 August 2011

Lets talk feet

Not the most popular topic, but it relates to everyone who has feet, which is the majority of the population!
There are a few steps I take that transform my feet from dry and crusty (mm sexy) to soft and subtle.


The first step is filing my feet. I was recently sent the Ped Egg which has replaced my usual files. I have a product similar to the Ped Egg from Avon, so was expecting similar results. My expectations were wrong. I was filing away and when I looked at how much skin I filed away (ew), I was amazed and shocked at the same time. There was a lot of skin shavings! I think the blades must be sharper. Be careful though. I must have filed too hard because I filed right past the dry skin and scraped the new skin - ouch! My feet are slightly sore now. It's nothing some Germolene won't cure though. 
The Ped Egg I received is from JML Direct and is £9.99. They also do a range of pastel shades (very pretty) which are currently only £4.99.

The second step I do is soak my feet. Hot water and moisturising bubble bath or shower gel does the trick. Sit back and relax for 10-15 minutes :)

The next step is to moisturise... and then wrap your feet in cling film. The cling film keeps the moisturiser in, allowing it to absorb into the skin. I normally use Aveeno moisturiser, but that's because I have so many tubes of it! Any moisturiser will do. I leave this on over night and in the morning my feet are super soft!

The last step is to paint your toe nails and then bam! You have gorgeous feet.


Hope you enjoyed this post!



x

7 comments:

  1. I have been looking all over blogs for posts on how to improve feet and step by steps and I have now found it - thank you! Such a brilliant post and I love how honest you have been with doing this, we all have dry skin on our feet from time to time but most people won't talk about it but it is reality at the end of the day. I may now buy a Ped Egg after you have recommended. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be borrowing my mum's ped egg later after reading this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss ive been on a foot softening mission for ages now totally forgot about this little beaut! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one of these and they never work uggg , great review !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, I love your honesty:P
    Just started a new blog, hope you'll check it out!

    - apassion4beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really hope you did ok today and got the grades you wanted x

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric