Monday 28 June 2010

Today's purchases


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Lip Balm £1.69 and ... butter? £3.19
One lipbalm is part of a friends birthday present. This lipbalm is the first one my sister has completely finished, which is pretty good going seeing as me and my sister never finish lipbalms. I've also had one before and really liked it :)

The body butter is really weird. It's like a tub of Vaseline; solid and greasy.
I put some on my leg (By put I mean slowly melting some product onto my finger because it's too solid to scoop out) and it left my legs soft.. but greasy. After an hour, they're not really greasy, just soft.
I'm not sure what to make of this as essentially it's a large pot of greasy wax (one of the main ingredients)

Actually I'll post the ingredients:
Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Carotene (CI 40800)

So the wax and oil are what make up it's solid greasy formula. I'm going to research the product and see how to use it :)

EDIT: Apparently you just use it as a normal body butter, melting with the body temperature of your fingers. Most reviews also say that it's quite heavy and doesn't absorb into the skin quickly (That's why my legs were greasy for a while) but it leaves your skin extremely smooth. So it's best to use this product at night and when your in the house for a while, giving it time to sink in.
x

5 comments:

  1. The butter is really good if you know how to use it. Its so good and dont be put off my the greaseyness as it goes quickly if you rub it in and its a loverly product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the butter and hate it's texture and feel on my skin but it sorted out my dry patches super quick, so it works at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butter sounds interesting - if a little weird :p
    I'll be on the look out for this, I'd quite like to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use the butter at night time before going to bed. It kinda makes your sheets a bit greasy, but your skin will feel gorgeous when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for commenting back! i guess its completely your choice though and i agree that some of the stuff is so expensive! but i am rather lusting over those adorable teacups :D

    <33

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric