Tuesday 6 July 2010

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula

'COCOA BUTTER, enriched with VITAMIN E, in a soothing emollient base. Helps smooth and blend unattractive marks and scars. Tones skin. An excellent all-over-body moisturiser and after tanning butter. Use immediately after following exposure to the sun and wind. Ideal for deep moisturisation, including overnight treatments. Widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy. Use daily for soft, youthful appearance.'

WOW! So what does this claim?
  • Smooths and blends unattractive marks and scars
  • Tones skin
  • Great after tanning butter
  • Good with skin exposed to the sun and wind
  • Recommended for during and after pregnancy to prevent stretch marks
  • Helps give a youthful appearance
^ All moisturisers do these things; these are the benefits as to why we moisturise aren't they?
Palmer's have just brought these benefits forward to sound better than other moisturisers on the market, and good for them.

The smell
I loveeeee! It has a chocolate vanilla scent so it is very sweet. The scent is strong so some people may not like it.

The formula
It's like a tub of Vaseline - a solid balm. You cannot scoop it out like a normal body butter because of it's solid consistency so I 'moosh' it up before using.
This is VERY greasy, the greasiest product I have used in fact. It takes a while to absorb into the skin so it is best used at night or when you're not planning on going out.
It melts at body temperature so feels warm when applying which is really nice. This would be perfect for a massage! Any takers?

Although it's greasy, it leaves my skin extremely soft afterwards. I used it on my legs for a few days then decided to try it on my feet, hands,elbows and lips - Adventurous, I know ;) Gotta live on the edge! :P Wherever applied was left soft :)

I was a little disappointed when I purchased this product because I was looking for a body butter and this is a greasy balm. But, this smells great and leaves my skin extremely soft so the pros outweigh the cons. Another good point about this product is that it is cheap, costing around £3 so that's 3-1 for the pros.

Would I repurchase? This pot will last me ages! But once finished, probably not. It's a good product but I'm always changing what I use and by the time I've finished this, I will have my eye on something else.

x

4 comments:

  1. They should definatly make a tub of their body butter. I hate squeezing it out the bottles. Always loads left that you can't get too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this but its SO much easier to use from a bottle. I didnt like "mooshing" Haa I love this verb. Also I find the bottle to be less greasy. I think it works really well.

    :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I love the scent. and PALMER'S has Body Butter range available in the market.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric